Extraordinary support for the reduction of the economic activity of self-employ
This support is the continuity of the support available to Managers and self-employed workers in 2020 (provided for in Article 26 of Decree-Law No. 10-A/2020 and Decree-Law No. 6-C/2021 of January 15).
To access this support, it is mandatory to have contributions registered for 3 months in a row or 6 months interpolated in the last 12 months, it’s necessary to request the support on a monthly basis through the social security website between days 1 and 10 (always referring to the previous month).
In 2021 this support will only be available to self-employed workers or managers who have been forced to close their activities under Decree No. 3-A/2021 of 14 January, which includes all activities that are obliged to close. If the activity developed does not correspond to any of the ones mentioned on the Decree the request can still be requested, but will be analyzed not only the drop in billing, but also the household income, all realwill and all bank accounts, as mentioned in the State Budget for 2021.
When submitting the request, it is necessary to:
- Declare under commitment of honor the suspension of the activity;
- Indicate the break in billing in the period of 30 days prior to the request submitted to Social Security, attested by a declaration by the owner together with a certified accountant’s certificate.
- The monthly average for the two months prior to the application or;
- The same period of the previous year or;
- The average of the entire period in activity for those who have started activity less than 12 months ago.
For the calculation of the amount to be received social security considers the value of the average remuneration registered on the basis of contributory incidence in the period of 12 months prior to the date of the application, with a maximum limit of 1 IAS (438.81€) for situations in which the value of the remuneration registered on the basis of contribution is less than 1.5 IAS (658.22€). If the average remuneration in the last 12 months exceeds 1.5 IAS (658.22€) the support may correspond to 2/3 of the average value of the remuneration registered with contributory incidence in that period (12 months).
In addition to remuneration on the basis of contributory incidence it is also necessary to calculate the drop in invoicing, if there is a drop of more than 40%, but less than 100% the value of the financial support to be received corresponds to the amount determined above multiplied by the respective drop in invoicing, expressed in percentage terms, with the maximum limits indicated.
The minimum support granted corresponds to €219.41.
- Average remuneration registered on the basis of contribution incidence 12 months = 2000€
- 2/3 = 1333.33€
- Considering breakage = 50%
- Total amount to be received = 1333.33€ * 50% = 666.67€