FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the Finpartner online store for?
The online store acts as an aggregator of accounting and tax services and you can access and buy our main services in a single click
How do I register?
You can register at any time, just click on the “Register” button.
How do I login?
Click the “Login” button and then enter your access data (Email and Password) and complete the Login.
Who has access to my personal information?
What are the steps to open activity?
There is a set of processes in the opening of a company. For companies with only one partner, one of the first steps you have to take into account is to choose between three legal forms:
- Individual Businessman
- Single Ownership Society
- Individual Limited Liability Establishment
In case the company has two or more partners, the most common legal forms are:
- Private Limited Company
- Anonymous society
Contact us so we can help you make a decision.
What documentation is needed to open an activity?
To register the activity of a commercial company, the following documents are required:
- Tax Identification Number;
- Business Registration;
- Proof of Social Security Registration;
- Declaration of Beginning of Activity;
- Admissibility Certificate;
- Deposit of capital stock;
- Preparation of the pact or constitutive act of society.
How much does it cost to open a company?
The cost of starting a company will depend on the legal form and the number of partners that will be part of the company, but also on the movable and immovable property associated with it, in addition to the costs of registering activity and certifications, the most common additional expenses are:
- TOC and lawyer with billing software certified by the tax authority
- Company headquarters and business facilities
What are a company's inherent tax obligations?
The four main taxes you may pay are:
- IRC: The Corporate Income Tax is applied to the profits of your company, and represents a 21% tax. SMEs have the benefit of a 17% tax on the first 15 thousand euros of profit. Only when this value is exceeded is the 21% rate applied.
- VAT: Value added tax rates depend on the goods and services provided by the company and the location of the operations. However companies pay VAT and pay the same. The difference between the two is communicated to AT monthly or every three months.
- TSU: Single Social Fee is the contribution that is paid to Social Security for each worker that a company has. Currently, the TSU represents a rate of 23.75% on the salary of each worker.
- Municipal surcharge: This is a tax that will be paid to the municipality where the company is based. The municipal surcharge is applied to the company’s profits, and cannot exceed 1.5%. The amount may vary from city to city.
What documentation or information do you have to provide for the IRS statement?
Individuals who have obtained income that require them to file an IRS declaration can submit the IRS declaration. The declaration must include the income of the dependents that the person is in charge of or under shared custody or the natural persons that have obtained income in Portugal (property income or capital gains) on which they have not yet paid tax and, therefore, they need to report them to the IRS.
To submit the IRS declaration, you will need to use one of these authentication means to access the Finance Portal: access data to the Finance Portal; Citizen Card, PIN codes and card reader (allows to enter the portal but does not allow to submit the declaration); Digital Mobile Key (allows entering the portal but does not allow submitting the declaration).
You can see how to pay the IRS in installments here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6mAxsASIs0)
What services does Finpartner provide?
You can consult our services here (https://www.finpartner.pt/servicos/).
In addition to the above, we have a range of services provided by our partners from the most varied business areas. Contact us for more information.
What are the prices of services?
Fees are adjusted to the needs of our customers, taking into account the volume of work and the hours spent for their course. Make an appointment (link) with us for more information.
In which cities is Finpartner located?
Finpartner has its headquarters at Rua Castilho, 39 – 14º andar 1250-068 Lisboa, but also has offices in Porto, Rua Augusto Rosa, 79 4100-098 and in Faro at Rua de Santo António, 2A – 1º andar 8000-283
What are the opening hours?
Telephone service for (+351) 21 099 5932 / +351 915 243 438, from Monday to Friday, from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm and from 2:30 pm to 6:00 pm. Alternatively, you can send us an email to [email protected] and we will respond as soon as possible.
How long and how can I send the documentation?
You can send all supporting documents related to the preparation of the accounts until the 10th of the month following the month in question. Documents can be delivered to our headquarters, sent by registered letter or via digital.
A monthly gift with our latest news and tips in accounting, tax and management
GET IN CONTACT WITH FINPARTNER
Rua Castilho Nº 39 – 14º andar 1250 -068 Lisboa – Portugal
(+351) 21 099 5932
Avenida da Boavista, nº 1203, 5º andar, sala 508,
T: +351 213 717 000
Quinta do Lago, Loulé Buganvília Plaza 1, 8135-024 Almancil
(+351) 28 910 2080
FINPARTNER ® 2021 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Solution Produced by SP BUSINESS Group